Petr Mánek – personal homepage
I can be reached at:
E22 Physics Building, UCL
London, WC1E 6BT
- 2020-05-10: The gallery is now available online for public viewing. Starting with over 400 pictures I took in the past 7 years, I hope to be occasionally contributing to it in the following months.
- 2020-03-20: UCL, CERN and IEAP have officially transitioned to home office policy. I will be staying in London but working from home for the moment.
- 2020-03-13: I have been following data on the COVID-19 outbreak recently. According to my (very rough) projections, London is 12 days behind Italy in terms of the total number of cases. If nothing changes, we should reach Italy-style lockdown (12k cases, social distancing measures) by March 26. Everybody please stay safe & healthy!
- 2020-02-19: I was invited to speak at the UCL Postgraduate Physics Student Society. My talk titled Particle classification and 3D $\gamma$-imaging with Timepix3 will delivered at 18:00 on February 27 in UCL Physics Building, room E7.
- 2019-12-20: In the next phase of my doctoral study, I will collaborate with the UK Atomic Energy Authority on development of the next generation nuclear fusion reactors. Using machine learning I will attempt to accelerate the calculation of tritium breeding ratios.
- 2019-10-11: I aim to stay in the United Kingdom even after Brexit, be it at the end of October or early next year.
- 2019-09-25: I have just moved cities! I am now officially based in London, UK for the duration of the next several years. Still, I intend to be visiting Prague regularly.
- 2019-03-07: I accepted a Ph.D. studentship at the Department of Physics & Astronomy at UCL. I will be joining the CHIPS experiment, a neutrino water Čerenkov detector built by UCL, Fermilab and UW Madison.
- 2019-01-16: The recent success of my work with Compton cameras was reported in media. Topical articles were published in several local newspapers. I also gave a brief interview to the Czech Radio and the Czech TV.
Archived news: 2018 and older